First, you will want to use the Updater. You can find it here: https://beta.shapeshift.com/updater-download#
We also want to note that you will have the best experience if you use the ShapeShift Platform. For help connecting your KeepKey to the ShapeShift Platform, check out this article.
If you decide to keep using the KeepKey Client App, try the steps listed below:
Updating your KeepKey Client:
- Open your Chrome extensions
- You can enter "chrome://extensions/" into your search bar.
- Select Developer Mode.
- Click on "Update".
- Your KeepKey Client App is now updated!
Updating the Firmware on your KeepKey device.
1. Open the KeepKey Client App
2. Connect your KeepKey device while holding the button down on your device.
3. Check the box ensuring you have access to your 12-word recovery sentence.
4. Click "Update Firmware" in the KeepKey Client.
5. Hold down the KeepKey button to confirm that you have your recovery sentence just in case if your private keys are erased.
6. Your KeepKey firmware is now being updated. Do not disconnect your device while your firmware is being updated.
7. Once the firmware update is complete, close the KeepKey client window and disconnect the device.
If you have tried all of our recommendations and you still need assistance, contact our Support Team.