KeepKey will periodically prompt you to update the device's firmware. Before you begin a firmware update, make sure you have access to your recovery sentence.
You can verify the firmware version by opening "Settings" in the KeepKey app. Here, you will find the version number in the bottom left corner.
Updating the Firmware on Your KeepKey Device
1. Open the KeepKey Client App.
2. Plug your KeepKey device in while holding the button down on your device to launch KeepKey firmware update mode.
3. Check the box ensuring you have access to your 12-word recovery sentence.
4. Click "Update Firmware" in the KeepKey Client.
5. Hold down the KeepKey button to confirm that you have your recovery sentence just in case your private keys are erased.
6. Your KeepKey firmware is now being updated.
Note: Do not disconnect your device while your firmware is being updated!
7. Once the firmware update is complete, close the KeepKey client window and disconnect the device.